Sunday, September 29, 2013

Philippe Starck

Alessi citrus-squeezer, Juicy Salif

Philippe Starck is a French product designer and also an interior designer who is born in 18 January 1949 in Paris. He is equally well known as an interior designer, a designer of consumer goods, and for his industrial design and his architectural creations.

Through his artwork, i feel that he was a person full of creativity because all of his art work were full of futuristic concepts. From some of his artwork I can't help to wonder if they are just for decoration purposes or designed more for function. I have show some of his artworks here, at last I choose Alessi citrus-squeezer, Juicy Salif as my scrapbook decision because it looks interestingly futuristic, modern and aesthetic. From the picture shown, at first I thought it was just a few bullets preparing for a battle as they look very mechanical but in actuality, it is a citrus-squeezer. I was totally surprised at how a simple thing like this can do amazing things like squeezing a citrus, it really teaches me that you shouldn't judge something by first look.

The three legs below are designed in such a way that it can act as a supporter to support the squeezer higher and also a hand holder when we are squeezing. The cup is to be put underneath in between the tripod and the juice will flow down from the opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment